It is essential to set up routines to promote our content to generate qualified free targeted traffic to your website on a business website. And the regularity of these actions is the key to bear fruit.
Don’t have a lot of money to spend promoting your business?
Don’t worry, today there are plenty of ways to promote your business for free.
So how do you drive free targeted traffic to your website to your business site?
Here is our list of the top 91 tricks that we practice almost every day on my website.
Pick the ones that work best for you and start promoting your business today.
36 ideas for driving free targeted traffic with your business website
Your website is the keystone of your Digital Marketing actions. And the number of daily unique visitors is one way to measure the popularity of your business.
Fine-tune your business website
1. Make sure your website navigation is smooth with an aesthetic design.
2. And make sure your website design is mobile-friendly. More and more people are browsing the web on their tablets and smartphones.
3. Check the loading time of your pages and that the URL structures are clean.
4. Make sure your “About” and “Products” pages are optimized with the correct keywords.
5. Create landing pages for each of your products with a CTA to at least start building an email base of potential customers.
6. And create a media kit available for download from your website.
7. Include a call to action on all of your content or web pages.
8. Remove all unnecessary content from your website to simplify the user experience. Remember to redirect each of the deleted URLs.
9. Check the health of your website by following the recommendations of the Google Search Console.
10. Regularly check Google Analytics to analyze the behavior of your visitors and identify how to increase the number of page views.
Regularly publish Content on your Corporate Blog
In today’s oversaturated market, publishing web content regularly is one of the most effective ways to drive free targeted traffic to your website, reach a larger audience and gain new customers.
Not only does quality content boost your natural referencing (SEO), it also demonstrates your company’s know-how to your visitors.
Here are the priority actions to be carried out:
11. Regularly publish blog posts of at least 2,000 words. Indeed, they are more efficient. As a result, writing one long article each week is more effective than three short ones.
12. The articles which meet the most success are practical cases, lists, interviews … Make it easier to read by airing your text with short paragraphs and/or bulleted lists.
13. Post case studies or customer testimonials on your website. This strengthens your expertise and builds the confidence of your visitors.
14. Find your writing style and apply it to every blog post. Don’t be afraid to show your true values. The controversy is good. However, do not be offensive or rude.
15. Add graphics or images to your blog posts. Don’t forget to optimize their size with an extension like magnify. It’s free.
16. Write attractive and compelling headlines. The shorter and more concise your blog titles, the better! Use the free to schedule tool to polish your titles.
18. Add your keywords to the title, meta description, H1, and H2 tags, and URL, not to mention the alt tag for images.
19. Add internal links. These are links that point to other articles on your website. So if your content interests them, your readers will stay on your website longer.
Then finish with:
21. Post interviews with experts in your industry and ask them to share this content with their audience. Start by reaching out to mid-level influencers. Even though they’re not the most well-known, they can still generate a significant amount of free targeted traffic to your website.
22. Ask experts to contribute content to your website. You’re going to get a lot of negative responses at first, but don’t be discouraged.
23. Be sure to carefully proofread everything you post.
24. Enhance your old articles with new information (statistics, trends, and images). Make sure to re-share them on your social accounts.
25. Respond to all comments to show your readers that you are listening to what they have to say. It is a way to retain them and therefore to create recurring free targeted traffic.
And to go further, find out why your Business Blog and your Marketing are inseparable.
Get started recording podcasts & videos
Diversify the type of support for your content. So you are compatible whatever the situation of your persona:
- In front of a PC by reading your text content,
- On their mobile by watching one of your videos,
- And in their car, while listening to one of your podcasts.
Obviously, as with your textual content, match the content of your videos and podcasts with the needs of your targets.
Besides, podcasts and videos are easily shareable. As a result, you can reach new audiences for free and find new opportunities.
26. Record a podcast and post it on your website.
27. Search for relevant podcasts and introduce yourself as an expert for an interview.
28. Remember to put forward your arguments. A podcast is similar to a radio interview.
30. Add video content to your website.
31. Create your channel on YouTube by filling out your profile carefully, not forgetting to include your website URL.
32. Prepare a script before shooting a video.
33. Post your videos to your YouTube and/or Vimeo channels. Include text in your thumbnails and encourage at the end of your videos to leave a comment and/or subscribe to your channel. Work on your titles and descriptions to increase read rates.
34. Organize your playlists and link your videos.
35. Promote your videos like crazy for 24 hours after posting.
36. Webinars also generate free targeted traffic to your website. To do this, use Google Hangouts. It’s free.
Stimulate your contacts with emailing
The emailing, leading your recipients to your company website, can easily boost your visibility and therefore your free targeted traffic.
Besides, emailing is our favorite communication channel when it comes to receiving content on the internet.
37. Insert opt-in forms in 3 different places on your website to collect email addresses. Here are some ideas: the sidebar, the footer, in a blog post, or an exit popup with Hellobar.
38. Offer BONUS – Content on your most popular articles to collect email addresses. Use the WordPress “ Content Upgrade ” plugin to collect email addresses.
39. Offer a white paper for download or a free audit. Experts in Digital Marketing speak of “Lead Magnet”.
40. Always send out a newsletter on the same day and at the same time to get your subscribers used to it. If you’re just starting, an email once a week is more than enough.
41. Write short and attractive emails. Do not send too many promotional emails at the risk of seeing your subscribers unsubscribe. Always add a call-to-action (CTA) button that links to your website.
42. Set up automatic sequences of emails to regularly feed your prospects with relevant content to view on your website.
To become an emailing “ninja”, use my guide specially designed for entrepreneurs.
Publish content as a guest
This practice involves writing and posting an article on another website under your name.
You are bound to reach a new audience that will arouse the interest of certain people who will come to visit your site to find out more about your activity. And if they like your site and its content, they will come back.
43. List 20-30 websites you want to post an article on. Look up the names of the publishers. Put everything in an Excel or Google Sheet for easy tracking.
44. Write a personalized email for each website, making sure to write the publisher’s name correctly. The personalization of your email is essential. Indeed, it is easy for a publisher to notice that it is the subject of a mass mailing.
45. Limit your email to 500 words maximum. Make sure your email is interesting and compelling.
46. Send your emails and follow up a few days later if you have no news. You can follow up again before contacting him on another topic.
47. Contact specialized websites. Indeed, verticalized websites are always looking for contributors.
48. Contacting opinion leaders should also be on your list. On the other hand, offer them articles with very differentiating content. Use SimilarWeb to estimate the traffic generated by a website.
As an entrepreneur, we have all heard again and again about the value of promoting your offer or rather your content on social networks.
This is why the animation of your social networks must be part of your daily tasks.
Now let’s take a look at the actions to be taken by social network:
50. Take some time to update your profile on LinkedIn, remembering to include your website URL.
51. Interact on Linkedin every day, also counting likes and shares. Add one to 3 hashtags to each post.
52 . Connect with at least 25 people in your industry per day. Like and/or share their posts. It’s a great way to connect with influencers in your industry.
53. Join 2 or 3 groups on LinkedIn or create a new one.
54. Write recommendations to people you have worked with within the past. The person you’re writing the recommendation for will surely return the favor.
55. Turn your blog posts into a slide game. Publish them on Slideshare. It’s a great way to send free targeted traffic to your website while posting great content on LinkedIn.
56. Repost a snippet of your articles on LinkedIn with a link to “read more” on your website.
57. Use your Twitter bio as a way to collect email addresses by inserting a URL.
58. Post on Twitter between 10-15 times a day, also counting likes and retweets. Add one to 3 hashtags to each post.
59. Follow at least 10 people a day in your industry. Retweet their tweets or links to their articles. It’s a great way to build relationships with influencers and other important people in your niche.
60. Join discussions on Twitter or host a discussion on Twitter. To find relevant conversations on Twitter, do a simple Google search.
61. Make sure your pro page is correctly completed. Share your page with your friends and family to increase the number of likes on your page. Make sure your page has a cover image that matches your product and/or service offering.
62. Post content once to 3 times a day without hashtags. Make sure your content isn’t overtly commercial or promotional. Otherwise, your posts are less likely to appear on your fans’ news feeds.
63. “Like” at least 5 other pages related to your industry every day. Leave comments to show your interest.
64. Join groups on Facebook to drive free targeted traffic to your business website.
We must consider Pinterest as a visual search engine with the particularity of being also a factory for manufacturing backlinks. These links pointing to your website are therefore all likely to drive free targeted traffic to your website while boosting your natural referencing (SEO).
65. Open a business account. Carefully fill in your bio with the right keywords to stand out in searches on Pinterest. Add the URL of your website.
66. Open at least 10 tables, some of which are reserved for your content or your products. Make sure each table is well optimized with your keywords.
67. Add between 5 and 10 pins to each board. Make sure each Pin has a description with a link to your website. Make sure the links on the Pins you save don’t point to a spam site. For 10 pins, make sure 7 are from profiles other than yours. It is not useful to use hashtags.
68. Follow influencers in your niche. Pin their content if it is of interest to your target audience. Always pin for your persona, not for you.
69. Join collective paintings to reach other audiences. Collective tables are the equivalent of groups on Facebook or LinkedIn. Focus on 10 collective groups that you identified through pingroupie.
Read more related:
Instagram is not the best platform for driving free targeted traffic. This is because you only have one field on your profile to add your website URL. And “Instagrammers” don’t necessarily visit your profile every day.
70. To begin with, make sure your bio is well optimized with the right keywords.
71. Add a link to a landing page or any other product or program that you are trying to promote. Avoid putting the link to your home page.
72. Add a photo to your profile. If you represent a brand, add your logo.
73. Post one to five photos per day. Add text to all your images and with your brand name watermark as a hallmark. This makes it easy to spot your publications, which is essential for following up on Instagram.
74. Overuse hashtags up to 30 per post. Also, add a caption (up to 2,200 characters).
75. Try to follow 50 profiles in your area daily. Also, like and comment on posts from other profiles.
76. You can also organize a competition.
My advice: no need to be present on all social networks, go gradually.
Ask Influencers for help to build free targeted traffic
Influencer Marketing is very hot right now. This is how to work with influencers.
77. Identify with Buzzsumo 20 influencers in your industry.
78 Write a short but personalized email, paying special attention to the spelling of the influencer name.
79. Write this email in 200-300 words as a short introduction to what you have to offer. Make sure your proposal matches the expertise of the influencer.
80. Send your message and follow up if you haven’t heard back after a few days. Do not hesitate to raise once or twice. If you have no response after the second reminder, wait for one to 2 months before contacting him again.
81. Comment on the blogs of your influencers to get noticed.
10 More Bulk Ideas To Drive Traffic To Your Website
82. Repost your articles on Medium to increase your free targeted traffic.
83. Answer questions on Quora to position yourself as an expert while leaving a link to your website.
84. Join communities in your field and share your content there.
85. Publish an ebook on Amazon and your website to position yourself as an expert and increase your credibility.
86. Post your blog content on Flipboard to increase your traffic.
87. Attend networking events relevant to your niche. You can also organize a meetup.
88. Join Reddit (and other bookmarking sites). Be active without overdoing promotion at the risk of being seen as a spammer.
89. Don’t forget to include the URL of your website in the signature of your emails.
90. Write a press release and send it on free distribution services. It’s also a good way to build backlinks to your website while getting noticed by journalists.
Conclusion on 91 Free and Easy Ways to Drive Free Targeted Traffic to Your Website
Keep in mind that it takes time to build up a loyal and engaged following.
Go step by step depending on the means you want to devote to it.
Our experience shows: These 91 tips are all a great way to drive free targeted traffic to your business website.
The proof: we apply most of these methods and if you are reading this article, it just means it works.
It is not for nothing that our motto is: “ We implement what we preach ”.
What tactics did you use to grow your web free targeted traffic? Which tactics were most or least effective? What did I forget in this article?
Please leave a comment below to share your thoughts.
Read more related:
How to make $2697.91 in just 4 days?